Well its 2nd of July, but day before yesterday was a good day. BlogEngine.Net 1.4 released, and today I performed my blog upgrade. But I didn't apply widgets yet but, I'm ready to do so once I got some time to be online to do so.
The upgrade didn't take too much time from me, actually no time at all but the uploading time. I performed kind of local upgrade test first to make sure that everything will work fine then I performed the live upgrade, and that is why actually I performed my upgrade so fast.
You can refer to this upgrade post by Al Nyveldt. I wish to share my upgrade experience, but these days I'm preparing for a business trip so I don't have much time to be online. Hopefully soon I'll be able to blog about it.
But one thing I can say, BlogEngine.Net 1.4 is 100% backward compatible with BlogEngine.Net 1.3, that means you will not lose anything or fall into trouble if you just do first stage upgrade like I did. My first stage doesn't include widgets, because I need to set them up and arrange them. So I preferred to write this post over continue my upgrade process :) . You can image how second stage will be easy :)
Have fun with BlogEngine.Net 1.4.