Yesterday we released KiGG 3.0 and baselined the source code for version 3. No major changes in this release. We upgraded to ASP.Net MVC 2.0 on .Net 3.5 SP1 & VS2008.
This release is going to be the last release on .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS2008. We plan to upgrade to .Net 4.0 and migrate the solution to VS2010 and start use Entity Framework 4.0 and maybe abandon LINQ to SQL support.
Visit http://kigg.codeplex.com for more information.
Here set of requirements for your development workstation if you are planning to rebuild the source code or customizing it.
Development Workstation System Requirements
- Visual Studio.Net 2008 any edition with SP1 (Express Editions should work)
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- ASP.NET MVC 2.0 RTM
- Included reference libraries (xUnit, Moq, DotNetOpenAuth, Enterprise Library etc...) -available with source code download-
- Database (Only one option is required)
- SQL Server 2005 or later any Edition with Full-Text Search Services (Full-Text search is required for search)
- MySQL 5.x
- IIS 6.0 or IIS 7.0 (didn't test it on Windows XP IIS 5.5)